GAME PLAN

Let's get started. I'm a die-hard Rams fan. I had season tickets both at the Coliseum and Anaheim Stadium for many years. And even photographed several games from the sidelines over the final two seasons before they moved. This blog was created after reading a newspaper column by Bill Plaschke in the Los Angeles Times Sports section (read it here) about the lack of identity for former L.A. Rams players. I decided to see how many Rams fans still have an appreciation for what the Rams meant to L.A. If you're a real fan, you've got stories to tell and opinions to share. Even if you're bitter about losing our team to St. Louis, air it out right here.

December 24, 2008

L.A. RAMS FINAL GAME


It was 14 years ago today that the Rams played their final game as the Los Angeles Rams. It was Christmas Eve 1994 in a losing effort to the Washington Redskins at Anaheim Stadium. I had the opportunity to photograph the game from the field, but chose instead to sit with my Dad in our season seats for one last time together. My Dad was a true fan, having supported the team since their days in Cleveland before they moved to L.A. in 1946. He had jokingly said that if the Rams ever left L.A., he'd die. Fighting off flu-like symptoms, he watched his beloved Rams in the dreary dampness of that December afternoon. The photo above is of me and my Dad in our Rams jackets and Santa Claus hats at that final game. A couple of months later, he was diagnosed with lung cancer and passed away in October 1995. He and the Rams have been missed ever since.
Hope you all have a Merry Christmas.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

My Father loved the Rams. In fact, he got a divorce (long story) over the Rams and Niners. Never have I been more proud.

He passed away in 1999. I miss him everyday.